Institutional vision and Leadership
Aims & ObjectivesThe aim of the institute is its three Ds -- Discipline, Dedication and Duty.
Objectives of the Institution
The institution is established with the main aim of providing quality education to the teacher educators. The institution sets the following objectives:
Courses Available in the college
- Teaching Of English
- Teaching Of Hindi
- Teaching Of Punjabi
- Teaching Of Economics
- Teaching Of History
- Teaching Of Social Study
- Teaching Of Maths
- Teaching Of Science
- Education of Children with special needs
- Value Education
- School library and information services
- Health and physical education
- Computer Craft
- Interior Decoration
- Art and Painting
Option Subjects (Part of Paper V B):
Work Experience Programme (Component II A):
Computer Centre & Learning Facilitators
- The college computer centre has around 40 terminals connected through LAN (local area network).
- To enhance the presentation of lectures, the college has a multimedia projection system and a good audio-visual setup. The gadgets range from Overhead Projectors, Xerox machines to Television, VCR to Audio Players.
- The laboratories too have modern equipments as per the needs of the course work
- Design department also has separate fully furnished labs well supported by Computer Lab
Student Enrichment Programmes
- Five days orientation programme is organized to orient the students about the programme, i.e orientation about the syllabus of B.Ed. , teaching subjects, craft options, physical activities, practice teaching, extension services, contemporary issues etc. they get some insight into infrastructure facilities available and have personal interaction with the faculty.
- For the identify the other co-curricular activities preparedness a programme named Talent Search is organized. Name of the students according to their interest in craft, literary items, singing, dancing, theatrical items, acting, heritage item etc are noted down and accordingly proper training is provided.
- Face to Face communication Programmes with a panel of teachers/parents/scholars visiting the institution.
- Workshops on fluency & thinking skills are blended in the academic programmers. Theatre, dance, music, painting & personality development workshops are conducted to boost and refine the talents.
- Book Talk to boost reading habits
- Learning to 'do', to 'know', to 'be' and 'to live together' projects
- Intensive Nutrition Programme for the young with focus on "EAT RIGHT" "COOK RIGHT".
- The publication office brings out magazines / bulletins / brochures / reports / manuals covering the activities and write ups of the students & the faculty and also contributions from the community.
- Audio visual and display boards are used for broadening the communication.
- Yoga, aerobics, martial arts camps for the interested, other than the regular NSS activities.
- In sports the college offers 32 games in all and to name a few we have, Judo, Table Tennis, Fencing, Ball Badminton, Athletics, Cross Country, Basket Ball, Weightlifting, Handball, Softball, Yoga, Badminton, Lawn-Tennis, Kho Kho & Cricket. The college can boast of pride performances in inter-varsity and national level competitions.
- The college holds co-academic & cultural Programmes under the aegis of Youth Welfare Department and prepares teams for participation in Youth Festivals.
- The college has Career Counselling Cell, On Job Training Cell, Placement Cell & Women Enlightenment Forum, all in consonance with its Vocationalisation Programmes.